Patients may come to the Health Center with or without an appointment. Please expect to wait to be seen during our busiest hours.
WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR HEALTH SERVICES APPOINTMENT
No need to bring anything with you, nor do you need insurance in order to be seen.
However, it is helpful, but not required to bring the following items:
- Photo ID or other form of identification
- List of current medications (or even the bottle)
- Medicaid card, if you have one
- Any paperwork you received, if recently discharged from a hospital
- * For behavioral/mental health appointments: A list of any symptoms you or people close to you have noticed, and how long you have been experiencing these symptoms
- * For a child's appointment: Vaccination/immunization records
- We request that bicycles be left outside of the Health Center.
- Patients may only bring registered, licensed service animals into the Health Center.
- We are NOT an Approved Treatment Provider (ATP) through the CO Department of Corrections.
For a same day appointment, call (303) 293-2220, arrive at health center opening, or schedule your appointment online through the patient website.
To access the patient website, you will need a security token, which you can request from a front desk staff member. Through the patient website, you can access all of your health information in one place, schedule appointments or check upcoming appointments, view your medical records, lab results, and diagnoses, request prescription refills, and email your doctor.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION FORM (ROI)
We are happy to provide you with a copy of your medical record. To request a copy of your medical record, you, or someone you designate must complete the Authorization to Release Health Information Form available below. If you have questions, or need instructions on how to request your record by alternate means, please contact Health Information Management at (303) 312-9799.